Getting the Help You Need: Why You Need to Call a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Wreck
Accidents are one of the leading causes of personal injuries or death in the United States, with car accidents being the second-most common cause of unintentional injuries. Indeed, each year in the United States there are almost 43,000 traffic-related fatalities and almost 2.3 million traffic-related injuries. Many car accidents are caused by preventable causes, including drunk driving, distracted driving, and basic traffic violations. However, even where these common causes result in obvious liability against a defendant, defense lawyers and insurance adjusters often do not fairly compensate victims and their families. When this happens, victims should contact a car accident lawyer to protect their rights to compensation.
Whether you were not at fault or believe you may have caused or contributed to your injuries, hiring a car accident lawyer to represent you is the best way to stand up to a defense lawyer or insurance adjuster that is not playing fair. That’s because hiring your own attorney can level the playing field and ensure that your claim is handled by someone experienced and well-trained in the law. It also prevents insurance adjusters from taking advantage of your injuries, medical bills, and financial losses when evaluating and offering you compensation.
Advantages of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
There are many different advantages to hiring a car accident lawyer after you or a loved one have been injured in a motor vehicle wreck. Some of the main advantages of hiring legal counsel include the following:
- Having someone on your side who has a legal education, experience, and training
- Lawyers know the “going rate” or common compensation or “damages” for your type of injury
- Not having to pay the upfront costs, disbursements, or expenses associated with a lawsuit, which are only reimbursed after a recovery is made
- Car accident lawyers often have a network of local, leading experts to help prove liability, damages, and causation in a trial
- Having someone who understands the complicated medical facts of your case, especially when you are seriously injured
- Being able to assess liability and challenge the claims of an insurance adjuster
- Not needing to pay legal fees until a recovery is made in your favor, which most car accident lawyers only charge a percentage of what they recover for you
- Having someone who can aggressively seek a pre-action settlement with an insurance adjuster, including putting together full and thorough packages, and
- Many other advantages, including just having someone with legal experience on your side to ensure that your rights are protected under your state’s law.
Why You Really Need a Car Accident Lawyer if You Are Not At Fault
One of the most important situations when you should obtain legal counsel is when you are absolutely not at fault for a car accident or your injuries. Whether you were a passenger, pedestrian, or if the other driver was clearly at fault for your crash, having a car accident lawyer on your side prevents a defense lawyer or insurance adjuster from trying to undermine, minimize, or outright deny your claim.
That’s because situations where a victim has a full-value claim, or a claim without comparative or contributory fault, are usually situations where a victim has a very good claim. And very good claims often mean that an insurance carrier will have to pay at or near full-value for a victim’s pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills. In order to wiggle out of paying a full-value claim, most insurance adjusters will try to minimize injuries to lower the total amount that a victim might be entitled to. In addition, adjusters may also try to claim that a victim is partially at fault for an accident, which results in a victim’s total amount being reduced by the victim’s proportional fault.
Therefore, by doing this an adjuster may be able to reduce the total amount that a victim is entitled to and the total percentage – lowering the final recovery by using two tricks. However, having an experienced car accident lawyer on your side can prevent this from happening to ensure that your rights to compensation are protected from overreaching or manipulative adjusters.
Were You Hurt in a Car Wreck? You Need a Car Accident Lawyer to Represent You and Your Family
No one plans to be injured in a car accident, but everyone who is should plan on hiring a car accident lawyer. There is no better way to protect the amount of compensation that a victim and his or her family may be entitled to under the law than hiring a dedicated and experienced lawyer from a bodily injury law firm. To learn more about how a car accident lawyer can help you and your family, watch some of our videos on https://lawtvnetwork.com/.